Thursday, February 9, 2012

Laura Pizzuti: Actress, Business Woman, Mom, Blogger, Reporter, Host, Print Model



Laura Pizzuti, a graduate of Lynnfield High School and Bentley University, works for her family business in Real Estate. It was while working for the family business that a location scout contacted her looking for space to film scenes for the film Mystic River.  It was during that conversation that he offered her background work on the film. She ended up working as an extra in the film dressed up as a State Police Officer.  This was when she was officially bit with the acting bug. Laura pursued acting for a little over a year before walking away to start a family.  By the end of 2009, Laura went back to fulfilling her dream of working as an actress.  The road has been so interesting and has led to many other amazing and fun opportunities.


Laura has done shoe modeling, print modeling, music videos, hosting, reporting, commercials, voice over, independent films, webisodes and also blogs. Laura is extremely hard working and very professional. She is so happy to find something that has fulfilled her and that she feels passionate about! Laura is constantly out there auditioning, so you never know where you may see her next!


What is the current project you are working on?

I'm involved in a bunch of independent projects right now.

I am "Lil Miss Repo," https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lil-Miss-Repo 135857323182128 Where I play a bad-ass repo girl...

I am Danni in "Pizzer Makers," https://www.facebook.com/pizzermakers  where I play a tough Italian Chick

I play Donna Washington in "Fake This" An undercover FBI agent.

I am working on finishing touches on an independent film called "Disasterpiece" where I play Kim... Love Interest

I play Professor Greene in "Mark of the Dog Rose" https://www.facebook.com/markofthedogrose Obviously I play a professor - but one of my students goes missing.

I work as a reporter/hostess on Dirty Water TV www.dirtywatertv.com Put Laura Pizzuti-Gamache into the search engine on their page.

I also LOVE doing commercials. I hope to do as many as I can!

I am also working on doing voice over work!

How do you define success?

I define success in whatever makes you feel fufilled! I think finding what makes you happy to be a difficult thing... Ultimately, you need to figure out that only YOU can make yourself happy.  You cannot rely on anyone else. Even if you have plenty of LOVE in your life through a boyfriend/husband/children, ultimately each person is different and needs to figure out what will fufill them in order to find their complete happiness. Life is all about balance.


How do you handle rejection?


It is funny, I have pretty tough skin - it barely phases me anymore.  That is why staying busy is so important! That way I can just be like "Next!" and move on.  Why waste ANY energy at all on stuff like that? It is pointless! Of course there are always going to be times where you may be disappointed, but you have to just think there is a reason for this... something bigger or better will hopefully come along!


Did you always want to be an actress? What inspired you to become an actress? What is the best thing about being one?


I don't think I ALWAYS wanted to be an actress... I think I got lucky! I work for my family business in Real Estate and a location scout reached out to me in search for a site for the movie Mystic River. We didn't have the space he needed, but he told me he could get me in the movie as background. I played a state cop, but was never seen in the film. BUT the experience was all I needed to get bit with the acting bug! I pursued it for a little over a year, but then decided I was going to focus on having a family and continue my day job. In 2009, I decided I missed it and wasn't done with acting just yet. I cut down my day job to 4 days to give me more flexibility - plus you can't really make a living off of acting in the New England area! I took off running and haven't stopped yet. Acting is like my therapy... it gives me joy! Plus it is so interesting and has lead to different opportunities! It is definitely never boring and makes me feel alive....
What is the worst thing about being one?

Sometimes you don't get paid!
What is the estimated number of projects you have worked on?

Hmmm.. I'm not sure! Probably 30?

Who is your favorite actress? Funny, I don't have an all time favorite!

I enjoy watching Julia Roberts,

Meryl Streep, Kate Winslet, Shirley MacLaine, Diane Keaton, Sally Field, Sandra Bullock, Susan Surandon

I'm probably forgetting some!


How has your life changed since you became an actress?


I'm just busier! I also have to pay more attention to my "upkeep" lol... I need to get my hair done more often and also my nails! I also have a much different and diverse wardrobe than ever before! I have almost every color and I also have clothes that I probably wouldn't normally own, but they come in handy for certain auditions or roles!

I think twice about donating my clothes - you never know if they may come in handy!


What is one piece of advice you can give to someone who also wants to make it in the movie business?


Get involved in anything and everything! You have to start somewhere! Talk to everyone you come in contact and pick their brain! Take a class...! Network, Network, Network!


What do you like to do besides acting?


I love PRINT work... and hope to do more and more of it! I also have a blog that is also something I am passionate about! www.natickmallguru.com I am the personality and the face behind the largest mall in New England!

How would you describe your film education? I learn a lot just by "Doing" and from watching and taking direction. I have taken a lot of classes through the different avenues available at Boston Casting, CP Casting, Improv etc. It is something that will never end! I plan on continuing my education on a regular basis. When I am not as busy, I sign up for a class.


What are some of your favorite Foreign films? American films? Television shows?


Shows: I was a "Lost" diehard... I was also super into "24" when it first came out but after a couple years got bored with it.  I do enjoy a good reality show in small doses!

I LOVED Titanic when it first came out... I laughed, I cried, I was completely lost in the film...

I also LOVED "The Sound Of Music" as a kid. I remember my mother telling me and my sister to stay up and watch it... I thought it was an old film and no way would I like it... wow was I wrong!


How would you describe the film "scene" where you live?


It is an interesting network of people! You start to see the same people over and over at auditions. It is nice to have made friends during the process! We all know we can't get EVERY gig, so it is nice to know that one of your friend's may get it... :)


How has social media changed the independent film industry?


It has made people so much more accessible! I think one of the biggest obstacles is letting people know you exist! So for me, I get to learn about so many more opportunities! It is a MUST.


How does independent film differ from the mainstream?


Independent films have such amazing undiscovered talent! They have people who (most of the time) are not getting paid and are doing it for the LOVE of being creative. Which says soo much! I think you can see some amazing stuff in these films... I have worked as an extra in a few major productions and it takes sooo long just to get one 5 second scene done.  In independent films it takes a lot less time! And because independent films are lower budget, the cast and crew is much smaller and intimate.

What's your favorite quote and why?








“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” - Steve Jobs

This quote sums it all up perfectly. Live your OWN life. Figure out what makes YOU happy. We only have ONE life and it is short. We never know how long we have... Life takes courage - don't waste it with regret. Take a chance!

What is your opinion on movie remakes and sequels?

It really depends! Sometimes you need to remake them so that they are more current and can attract a new audience... but it really comes down to how well they are done.

What is your opinion on book to movie adaptions?

Hmm... tough. It depends if you are someone who "reads"... if you are, then most of the time you are going to be somewhat disappointed by the film because you have created your own vision for the film in your own head! But, if you didn't read the book, then you are probably going to have a higher chance of enjoying it... Now, at the same time, the producers have a much higher chance of getting people to go see the film if they read or know about how good the book was!

Is there anything else you would like to add?

I am extremely flattered that you found me and asked me for an interview! Thank you to anyone who read this interview! Don't be afraid to go after your dreams!

http://www.laurajpizzuti.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Laura-Pizzuti-Actress/142469462468753?sk=info

Twitter: @laura_pizzuti

No comments:

Post a Comment