Monday, December 12, 2011

Author Elizabeth J. Kolodziej



A year after Vampyre Kisses came out Elizabeth J. Kolodziej makes her way back into the author scene with the second book for the The Last Witch Series, Werewolf Descent. Currently, Kolodziej (pronounced KO-LA-G), is working on many different short stories for anthology books. Along with the third book for The Last Witch Series being under way. Kolodziej continues to travel and study the folklore of vampires, werewolves and witches in the hopes of expanding her knowledge and her stories.


What is the current project you are working on?




Currently I am working on the third book in the Last Witch Series, Witch Devotions. The second, Werewolf Descent ended with a huge surprise at the end that the fans are buzzing about so I’m trying to get it out ASAP. Along with novellas, anthologies, and all the other work I have to do.


How do you handle rejection?


I move on or I complain to my friends until I can’t anymore. Haha. It’s never easy to deal with rejection but one of my rules is never read a review less than 3 stars because it’s just going to discourage you. Also, just because one person says no doesn’t mean another won’t say yes. It’s life and you have to have thick skin in this industry.

Did you always want to be a writer?

Not exactly. I had always wrote stories since I was little but I never really thought that was what I wanted to do with my life. I never knew what I wanted to do even though it was apparently right in front of me. When I finished Vampyre Kisses I thought “What now?” and publishing became the idea. From there it just all fell in to place an I found this to be my passion in life. I couldn’t live with out it


What is the best thing about being one?


Two things, the people you meet! I love how people think I’m “famous” when I’m really in the small leagues. I talk to them and they get thrilled. I love that because it makes them happy. Then there is the fact of accomplishing a piece of work and all the pride you have in that work.


What is the worst thing about being one?


Deadlines and writers block. Enough said.


Who is your favorite author?


Tamora Pierce. I started writing my first novel (when I was 13) after I read her books. They inspired me and I have her to thank for that.


What is one piece of advice you can give to someone who also wants to be a writer?


Please, please, please get your book professionally edited and research this business first. This isn’t an easy industry and it takes a lot of time out of a person, whether you are starting out or not. You will never just write the stories and make the money. You will be a marketer, a promoter, do signings, so on and so forth. Make sure this is what you love to do.

What is your opinion on book to movie adaptions?

That’s tough. I think when you read the book and really love it you are most likely going to hate the movie. This is because they take liberties with the movies and can’t fit everything from the book. You have to look at the movie almost like another universe (think comic books). Personally, I can’t stand it if they do it to a book I love, but if I haven’t read it I don’t know the difference.


Is there anything else you would like to add?


If I have interested you at all please come to my site www.vampyrekisses.com. I am always up for offering free advice on anything and everything I know about. If I don’t know about it I probably know someone that does.

No comments:

Post a Comment