Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Actor Andy Favreau



Andy Favreau was born and raised in Massachusetts, but will soon leave Boston behind and move out to Hollywood.  Before he goes, he'll be starring in the latest project from Astropiano Films, Mark of the Dog Rose.  Favreau will be seen playing Detective Sullivan in this mystery thriller.

A relative newcomer to the acting scene, Favreau has worked on numerous local projects including What’s Your Number? and The Town, and has starred in many short films.  Favreau was also in a nationally run Bud Light commercial and has modeled for companies such as Life is Good, Callaway, Shirt for Shirt, Tailor Vintage, Bose, and Marc Harris Salon, among others.  He is a graduate of Suffolk University, and has a masters degree in Criminal Justice and Public Administration.


What is the current project you are working on?

Right now it’s Mark of the Dog Rose.  Filming starts this month (August) and I can’t wait.  It’s a great script written by Shannon Carter and we have an excellent cast and crew.  I play Detective Ryan Sullivan.

Did you always want to be an actor?

You know, I think I always did without realizing it.  When I was growing up, I can remember doing a lot of imitations from movies and even commercials in front of my family.  But it wasn’t until my first acting class that a light bulb really went off, and I thought to myself, “This is what I love, and this is what I’m good at.”

 

What inspired you to become an actor?

I think what really motivated me to become an actor was the enjoyment I get from entertaining people.  To be able to captivate an audience is incredibly rewarding, and something that really motivates me.

 

What is the worst thing about being one?

Right now, it’s dealing with breaking into the business in a significant way.  I’m moving to Los Angeles in the next few months, and whenever I start thinking about how much competition there'll be, I have a panic attack and pass out.  Kidding.  Kind of.

What is the estimated number of projects you have worked on?

I'd say roughly 15 projects

Who is is your favorite filmmaker?

Quentin Tarantino.  He’s like no other.  He’s so original in his storytelling.  The scenes he creates are so long and have so much dialogue, I love that.

How has your life changed since you became an actor?

Well, it’s about to change in a big way when I move across the country to L.A. Having lived in Massachusetts my entire life, that will probably be the biggest change yet.

What is one piece of advice you can give to someone who also wants to make it in the movie business?

Confidence goes a long way in this business.  Don’t let anyone tell you you can’t.  Especially yourself.  And stay motivated.

What are some of your favorite American films? Foreign films? Television shows?

This is tough.  There are so many that I love.  Some films that immediately come to mind are Pulp Fiction, Good Will Hunting, Goodfellas, Forrest Gump, American Beauty, Shawshank Redemption, and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.  All just really great stories with some great acting.  Pulp Fiction has got to be my favorite though.  Tarantino is a genius.

I’m a T.V. fanatic.  Television shows have become so good over the past decade or so.  The Sopranos, The Wire, Breaking Bad, Friday Night Lights, and Mad Men have all set the bar so high.  The writing and the acting in all of those are just outstanding.

How would you describe the film "scene" where you live?

So many great films have been shot here in Boston.  Some have said that this city has become a sort of Hollywood East, and I can see some truth in that.  It’s been great for someone like myself starting out in the business.  I think it’s great for the city too.

 

How has social media changed the independent film industry?

It’s a very important tool for independent film makers.  Social media has the ability to take something and make it extremely popular.  It puts your stuff out there for the world to see.

What is the casting process like?

It’s always interesting.  Sometimes I’ll get called in for a casting for a commercial where I don’t even have a line to say.  It’s like, are they just casting based on a certain look?  Is there anything I can do to help myself here?  Other times at castings for a film you may feel real good going into it knowing that this is your role, this role was made for you, you’re gonna kill it.  Or, you may have to change yourself up a bit to fit a certain role.  I’ve experienced a lot of type cast so far in my career.  And it’s always funny to walk into a casting room and see a bunch of dudes who look just like you auditioning for the same part.

 

What's your favorite movie quote and why?

 

“Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’.  That’s goddamn right.” - Red (Morgan Freeman)  from Shawshank Redemption.  It sums up what it's all about pretty well.

 

Is there anything else you would like to add?






Thanks for the interview John!  Everyone follow Mark of the Dog Rose on Facebook and Twitter!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks for doing the interview.  I hope to be one of the first people inline to get a DVD when "Mark Of The Dog Rose" is released.



6 comments:

  1. Good Luck Andy, There's really not much to say but keep on doing what your doing. You are a terrific actor and you are going a long way. And I mean literally too. And I can't wait to see your progress out there in Hollywood. Don't forget to touch base with your Boston Colleagues out there. Great Job Andy. See you on set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John - Looking forward to working with you on the set of Mark of the Dog Rose. I might be following you out west one of these days! ~Meredith Prunty aka "Young Lacey"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Meredith- Ditto!! Everything that you do has meaning. You should be very proud of yourself. Humanity at it's best! ---John Lindsey aka "Congressman Burke"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, incredible blog structure! How long have you been running a blog for? you make blogging glance easy. The entire glance of your website is fantastic, let alone the content!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im having a teeny problem. I cant get my reader to pick up your rss feed, Im using msn reader by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure what's going on I'm not tech savy at all. I recommend trying another reader. I appreciate the support.

    ReplyDelete