Saturday, December 17, 2011

Sean Hemeon AKA Brady on "Husbands"


Sean Hemeon  is the son of a Gas Station Owner and Fine Artist and was born and raised in the DC metropolitan area of Tysons Corner, Virginia. Having three older brothers, and two younger sisters and a younger brother – Hemeon grew up in a full house. He found time for himself in reading and writing and staying after school for the drama programs. In high school, he followed his brothers’ athletic legacy and played football and lacrosse. Throughout, though, he felt the pull to do more acting and joined in the theater classes and plays at the school. When it came time to decide what to do in college, there was no doubt that Hemeon wanted to be a performer. He went to Virginia Commonwealth University on a scholarship and shortly thereafter landed his first major acting role on American television in As The World Turns on CBS. He played Max, the first year film student and in having so much fun was convinced this was what he wanted to do.He has since made the move to Los Angeles where he considers it his new home. Recently, he was excited to play a Vampire on one of his favorite tv shows True Blood. You can follow Sean on Twitter @SeanHemeon.

What was it like working on "True Blood"?

I have a secret passion for vampires so for me it was honestly a fantasy come true. I really hope it doesn't end there because I cant wait to play a vampire again, maybe another episode or some other film/television show.

What is the estimated number of projects you have worked on?

Oh man, wow - what are we including here - theater as well? And does improv shows count? I don't know really - this is all so much fun for me that it just seems to all be one fun project. I've done music videos, to youtube videos, to tv, film and stage and that doesnt even count the countless improv shows Ive been involved in. Hundreds maybe?

What is the best thing about starring in a webseries?

I really loved that the creators were very open to me pitching jokes. I also loved that as I filled Brady out more, they stated writing the part around me. It was a very freeing experience for a performer.

What is the worst thing about starring in a webseries?

Sometimes the worst things make for the best stories - we had to totally guerilla shoot some scenes while being stalked by security guards. We also had to deal with the homeowner's loud cats and also shooting next to an airport.

How has your life changed since you became involved with "Husbands"?

I can see better! A really amazing Husbands fan gifted me with a pair of eye glasses. I thought that was pretty cool.

What is one piece of advice you can give to someone who also wants become an actor?

Don't - run away - get as far from acting as you can.Ruuuun!!

Now all those that just read that part and said "F - you Sean!" I welcome you to the craft of acting. It takes a kind of rebel energy to stay with this long enough to create a name for yourself. If each year you get closer than the last, then I think you're doing the right thing.

Are there any webseries (other than "Husbands") that you like to watch?

I think very mary kate is hilarious! And web therapy (obviously before it made the jump to tv)

What do you like to do besides acting?

I like being involved with Art - I've been a gallery director and I love nurturing newer artists. It's really inspiring to watch other creatives grow.

You could go back in time and act in any film. Which film would it be and why?

My all time favorite childhood film is Last of the Mohicans - Daniel Day Lewis is amazing in that. I think I just loved the idea of being a warrior like him and wildly going after the girl (or guy - dependent on reader) like all the 90's movies were so good at doing. I'm also part Native American and so there could be some of that going on.

Is there anything else you would like to add?

Husbands isn't even close to being done yet! Stay with us - there may be some suprises coming in the future!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for doing the interview Sean. I love "Husbands". I'm also a big fan of "Last of the Mohicans".  I know you have  passion for vampires. Please check out the webseries @vampiremob on Twitter. I hope you'll like it.

2 comments:

  1. I adore Sean as Brady. His chemistry on Husbands with Cheeks is great. Husbands is as awesome series, which makes me happy. Thanks for this interview.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sean is such a doll. He's the perfect Brady. Thanks for a great interview!

    ReplyDelete