Friday, July 22, 2011

Interview With Actor Joe Luckay

[caption id="attachment_1429" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Joe as Bobby in "One Hour Fantasy Girl""][/caption]

Joseph “Joe” James Luckay (“Bobby Richards,” One Hour Fantasy Girl, No Restrictions Films, LLC), born and raised in the gritty suburbs outside of Cleveland, Ohio landing in Hollywood, California to seek an acting career. True to his name, in less than a year, J Luckay has already established himself as one of independent feature films’ newest and talented emerging young lead male actors.

Initially, “discovered” during his very first feature film screen test by writer/director, Edgar Bravo of No Restrictions Entertainment, LLC and producing partner, John Paul Rice, Luckay was cast his first leading male role as the “Bobby Richards,” the sweet, smooth, and very-innocent-looking young hustler in No Restrictions Entertainment’s independent feature-length film, One Hour Fantasy Girl.

However, Luckay is no stranger to the camera having appeared as a background actor in a number of feature films such as There Will Be Blood, My Super Ex-Girlfriend, Knocked-up, Senior Skip Day, Dukes of Hazzard – Part 2, as well as television series Disney Channel’s Hannah Montana and HBO’s Entourage.

What is the current project you are working on?

My current project is my 6 month old son :) I took some time off to help out with my boy.

What's it like to work with the crew from No Restrictions Entertainment?

First I want to give a shout out to EDGAR and JOHN PAUL!! I enjoyed working on set with the cast and crew. Everyone came together and worked hard with little time to accomplish One Hour Fantasy Girl.

Did you always want to be a actor?

No. When I was young I wanted to be a police man like my father. As I grew that imagery shattered and I started to work with my creative skills. Not really sure which way I wanted to go I took three and a half years of graphic design. Some in high school and some college. When I hit 21 I got bored of design and took a leap of faith to Hollywood, California to channel my inner most creative side as an actor.

What inspired you to become actor?

Change. Many people can't seem to understand the importance of change and never grow. I wanted to fuel my passion and went from being comfortable at home to struggling in the hoods of Los Angeles. I wanted to grow and adapt to what little I once knew which in return helped me with the craft.

What is the best thing about being one?

The Best thing is being myself. I can be that person easily because I take on different roles which helps me define my personality.

What is the worst thing about being one?

I would say getting caught up in the fame hype. I haven't reached that point in my career yet but when I do Ill be sure to keep the right people around to stay grounded.

What is the estimated number of projects you have worked on?

I have worked on many different projects from indies to student films.

Who  is your favorite filmmaker?

When I meet him or her Ill let you know.

How has your life changed since you became a actor?

My life has changed and is on its way for a bigger change. All positive.

What is one piece of advice you can give to someone who also wants to make it in the movie business?

I would tell them never to lose hope. In the land of many hopeless individuals stay on top of your game and do not fall into that category.

What do you like to do besides acting?

Well I still do my graphics from time to time. I love designing business cards for individuals. I love to be outside and enjoy life. I love to cook and most importantly spend time with my son.

Have you had any other jobs before you decided to become a actor?

Yes Many! I run joeluckay.com and I use to work inside equinox gym at the smoothie bar. I have done some extra work, Disc Jockey Photography and graphics.

How would you describe the film "scene" where you live?

Well it is Hollywood. Need I say more?

How has social media changed the independent film industry?

Better press and more exposure to the masses.

How does independent film differ from the mainstream?

Independent films I feel take more risks where as mainstream tends to stick with a cookie cutter style.

You could go back in time and act in any classic film. Which film would it be and why?

East of Eden with James Dean. Great film that will never be forgotten. James Dean. I love his Style. His craft. I wish he was around longer so we could have watch his talent grow.

What's your favorite movie quote and why?

"How am I not myself" from I heart Hucklebees. I love that! Makes you think.

You could have any super power. What would it be?

I would love to go back in time to change the past a little and would love to see whats coming next. Not to mention the winning lotto numbers :)

What is your opinion on movie remakes?

Not really big on movie remakes. Just watch the original.

What is your opinion on book to movie adaptions?

If you have an amazing book then it best be an amazing movie!

Thanks Joe for doing the interview. "One Hour Fantasy Girl" has become one of my favorite movies. Your preformance as Bobby was stellar. I look forward to seeing what you do next.

No comments:

Post a Comment