Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Jay Millines Tamirfilms’ Chief Operating Officer


Jay Millines has served as Tamirfilms’ Chief Operating  Officer since October 2008. He was previously head of the Tamir's Animal Rescue League division of the company since July 2007, where he guided the strategic, operational, administrative and production-oriented concerns of the animal division, as well as overseeing development projects of Tamirfilms.

What is the current project you are working on? Silencio

How do you handle rejection? When I was a younger actor I took it all personal but now I understand more of the business side and know that more factors go into the decision making process other than my talent and look.

Did you always want to be a filmmaker? Ever since I was nine I wanted to  act and make movies.

 What inspired you to become filmmaker? More control!

 What is the best thing about being one? More control!

 What is the worst thing about being one? Being the one to hurt peoples feeling!

How does independent film differ from the mainstream? A little bit more creative control and less suits. The definitive word is less.

 You could go back in time and see any film being made. Which film would it be and why? Casablanca. I would like to see how they shot certain scenes and camera set-up.

 What's your favorite movie quote and why? "In as much as your invitation may appeal to me I must regretfully decline". (Interview with the Vampire). The line just leaves you free of not hurting ones feeling but leaving the door open for another opportunity.

Do you believe in life on other planets? Of course God is no respecter of persons or planets.

Do you ever wish you had a super power? If so, what would it be and why? I would to cast a spell of Peace and Harmony on the planet.

 What is your opinion on movie remakes and sequels? All depends on the project. A lot of movies should have been left alone.

What is your opinion on book to movie adoptions? I'm ok with it.

Is there anything else you would like to add?

I wanted to mention that I’m proud to be part of a company that believes in socially responsible filmmaking. Tamirfilms is making a difference one film at a time.

1 comment: