Sunday, November 27, 2011

Author SB Knight



SB Knight has seen his poetry and short stories published in both books and magazines. Now, with the publishing of his first novel he has achieved a goal and dream set many years ago. Currently he is working on the sequel for the Blood Chronicles series.

SB Knight is the creator of ‘The New Author;’ a blog that started as a learning tool but has since grown into a community of friends and peers. He is also co-owner of Premium Promotional Services where authors can find the help they need to promote their book on the Internet.

When not writing he can be found enjoying outdoor activities such as hiking and fishing. He resides in West Virginia with his wife and son. To learn more about Mr. Knight visit http://www.sb-knight.com

What is the current project you are working on?

I am working on The Blood Chronicle Series. Book one – Born of Blood will be released in March of 2012. I just finished the sequel, which I need to submit to the publisher, and plan to start the third book soon.

How do you set your book apart from other books in the genre?

This series takes the apex monster, vampires, back to the time when they were sinister, cunning, evil, intelligent, and brutal but at the same time a new story is told. A story never heard before but rooted in both history and myth. The Blood Chronicle Series, in my opinion, adds a new angle to the rich mythology of the vampire.

What inspired you to become a writer?

Life experiences played a large role in me becoming a writer. Those experiences coupled with my imagination triggered an overwhelming amount of stories for me to share with all of you.

 What is the best thing about being a writer?

The best thing is having the opportunity to write my stories and share them with readers.

What is the worst thing about being one?

The worst thing, by far, is the long wait to get a book from idea to publishing manuscript. It is an interesting journey but a long one that demands patience. Some might say the marketing after your book comes out it the worst part but honestly, I’m not too worried about that aspect. Patience though…that is a tough one.
 Who is your favorite author?

I have more than one but Tolkien is at the top but I also really enjoy Terry Brooks, Raymond Feist, and the late Robert Jordan to name a few.

 What are some of your favorite books?

Well, you can probably guess from the authors I listed above. I really enjoy epic fantasy such as Lord of the Rings and Wheel of Time. My favorite book, by far, is the Bible.

 How has social media changed the publishing industry?

I would say the growth of ebooks and ereaders has changed the publishing industry a great deal more than social media. The impact from social media can be found in the way authors and publishers market and promote books. It is easier to spread the news about a book with the help of social media.

The best thing about social media is the opportunity it provides the author to build his/her platform. It really gives us multiple avenues to reach out, meet new people, and expand our range.

What is your thought process like when you're writing?

When I’m writing I think from the perspective of the character I’m writing about. I try not to think, outside of character related, when I’m writing. I know that sounds odd but when I write I want to let go and let the words to flow freely. I find it easier to capture emotion and responses when writing like that. Much of my story planning and brainstorming happens when I am doing other things such as cutting grass, relaxing, or driving.

You could have any super power. What would it be?

I would pick the ability to quickly heal from either a minor or major injury.

Do you believe in life on other planets?

I think we, on planet earth, would be rather arrogant if we thought no other life existed in the vastness of the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment