Saturday, June 11, 2011

Interview with Rudy Gold Filmmaker Behind "Abhorrence"

Below is my interview with Rudy Gold. Check out the concept trailer for his film, then read the interview.







What is the current project you are working on?

Abhorrence



Did you always want to be a filmmaker?

I guess it was always in the back of my mind. Growing up I use to skate with my buddies, but most importantly I was the camera guy and always knew I wanted to do something with film.

What inspired you to become filmmaker?

Well actually it’s the only thing I ever think about so I figure I might as well do what I love.

What is the best thing about being one?

Doing what I love

What is the worst thing about being one?

I wouldn’t know because I love everything about it.

What is the estimated number of projects you have worked on?

Some of the stuff I have done include music videos, short films, blogs, photography and lots of post production work.

Who is is your favorite filmmaker?

Robert Rodriquez and Ti west at the moment.

How has your life changed since you became a filmmaker?

Well all I do is eat, breath, and shit film making, so that’s pretty much the consistency of my life.

What is one piece of advice you can give to someone who also wants to make it in the movie business?

Go with your gut feeling and work at your craft as much as possible. Practice makes perfect.

What are some of your favorite American films? Foreign films? Television shows?

I really don’t watch to much t.v but when I do I love to watch entourage and Mad men. My favorite films include House of the devil. The exorcism, Suspiria and typically anything with horror in it.

How would you describe your film education?

You tube and vimeo haha. Lots of trial and error.

How would you describe the film "scene" where you live?

I live in Pasadena so its pretty low key.

How has social media changed the independent film industry?

Great question, I think that it has made it more possible and attainable. It really helps get your work out for people to see, which is a great tool for Independent Artist.

You could go back in time and see any classic film being made. Which film would it be?

The Exorcist

You could be any animal. Which would you be?

A Bull or a great white.

You could have any super power. What would it be?

I would love to have Freddy Kruger’s powers by Freddy Krueger does not exist in the physical world, but is instead a phantasm that resides in the realm of dreams. From this ethereal plane, Freddy can insinuate his consciousness into the dreams of others.

What is your opinion on movie remakes?

If they are done well, then right on.

 

 

Thanks to Rudy for answering my questions. I'll be sure to let everyone know about Abhorrence. If readers want to donate to Abhorrence, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment